Buying a waterproof beard trimmer is a real advantage for all bearded people. Indeed, being able to shave under the shower and wash your trimmer under water at the same time is a real time saver.
Now you just have to find the best waterproof trimmer to shave your beard. And not only that: most of them are multifunctional and can shave your hair or your whole body.
For this purpose, I have written a guide to best clippers for bearded men for underwater use. Let's get started!
Top waterproof beard trimmers comparison
The Barber has compared and reviewed for you the best underwater clippers so that you can make the right purchase.
Buying such a shaving accessory is an investment. Therefore, it is important to pay attention to certain criteria such as the quality-price ratio, the manufacture of materials or the number of accessories included in the sets.
You may be interested in this: What are the best brands of electric beard trimmers?
Braun 5 MGK5280 - All-in-one waterproof trimmer - Beard, hair and body
The Braun Series 5 is a proven performer and you'll be hearing about it again and again! With its high-performance trimmer, the included electric shaver for close shaving and its 7 attachments, it makes an ideal shaving accessory for bearded men.
Of course, it can be used underwater and its motor adapts to your hair type and length.
- An electric razor included for precision shaving
- Versatile (Body, hair and beard)
- Adaptive power engine
- Waterproof for use and washing in the shower
- 7 accessories included (in addition to the razor)
- Cordless (battery operated) + Quick charge
- Cannot be used while recharging
- Does not shave to 0 mm
- Can be discharged even when not in use
Philips MG7745/15 14-in-1 Multi-style trimmer: Face, Hair and Body with 14 attachments
The mower Philips MG7745 is a real innovation when it comes to multifunctional mowers.
Waterproof, usable on your beard, body and hair... It is difficult to ask for more. With its 14 accessories, it is a multi-style trimmer that adapts very easily to all types of hair.
- 14 accessories (very complete set)
- Trims beard, hair and body hair
- 8 shoes for all cutting lengths
- Easy to use and quite comfortable
- Bag for storing the mower and its accessories
- Not usable while charging
- Quite large, which can be a problem for the finishing shave
- Makes a little noise
Philips OneBlade QP2630/30 - Excellent underwater trimmer for Beard + Body
The Philips OneBlade has become a classic in modern men's shaving and is known for its comfort and size. With the waterproof 100%, you can shave with wet or dry hair.
Versatile, it can shave the whole body and has a very good precision to work on the contours.
- Easy to handle and small in size
- Excellent value for money
- Very versatile: can be used for the whole body
- Contours and finishes with acceptable accuracy
- Price of replacement blades
- Not suitable for men with a big beard
Hatteker - Multifunctional waterproof electric mower
Hatteker is the good surprise of the last few years on the beard trimmer market. The American brand offers products with an excellent quality-price ratio, very versatile and equipped with various accessories to suit all cuts.
You can go there with your eyes closed!
- Versatile for all cuts and beard types
- 12 accessories for all your needs
- Modular shoe
- Cheap and light
- Accessories complicated to store because of their number
- Plastic" feel finish
- Not very precise
Philips BT5515/15 Waterproof Electric Beard Trimmer with Dynamic Pro Cutting Guide
Another Philips trimmer in this comparison of waterproof trimmers for your beard hair. The 5000 Series, more affordable than the 7000, offers excellent models. 100% Waterproof, the BT5515/15 is water washable, perfect for a thorough cleaning. It has a good autonomy and offers 40 cutting heights. For the price, it is one of the best models available on the market.
- Good value for money
- Wahl finishing/precision shaver included
- Dynamic cutting guide + 40 cutting heights (from 0.4 mm to 20 mm)
- Good autonomy
- Cleanable under water
- No battery level display
- Can be temperamental depending on hair type
How did I choose the best models?
I scoured the web, met with barbers and sought advice from dozens of beard professionals to find the best products available on the market.
I have analyzed, listed and compared dozens of electric trimmers through :
- Thousands of consumer reviews,
- Dozens of tests from hairdressing professionals and beard enthusiasts,
- Hundreds of user feedbacks on forums and social networks,
- In-store advice from specialized salespeople,
- YouTube videos of pogonophiles from all over the world.
Then I listed the models that stand out, the ones that are really worth buying. My goal is to present you with the top clippers through a comparison that contains only the best models.
You may be interested in this: Clippers on the Barber Shop
Verified criteria for a quality purchase
Functionality and ergonomics
Long battery life, LED display, adjustable power motor... I have compared the best features to show you which ones are really useful for a quality mowing.
The ergonomics and ease of use of the trimmer are also crucial to a smooth shaving experience.
Power and versatility
A trimmer that easily adapts to all types of cuts or hairs (curly, disheveledthick, short...) is an essential criterion to buy equipment that will be useful for years to come. The power of the engine is not to be neglected You want a model that can mow quickly and easily!
More and more of them, the accessories (hooves and cutting heads, razors, maintenance oilsbrushes...) are very useful to style your haircut as you wish. Close cutting, clipping, contouring: they increase the versatility of your clipper tenfold!
When we invest in equipment, we want the best quality. Not a product that will fail us after a year or that does not meet our expectations in terms of excellence.
The electric clippers presented in this test are the best in their field. We make it a point to to offer you only models that are worth buying !
What is a waterproof beard trimmer?
Thanks to its unique design, the waterproof lawnmower is an electric device that can be used underwater. It is waterproof thanks to a system that allows it to operate underwater despite the presence of electronic components such as the motor.
In general, this type of mower runs on battery power when used in the presence of water and can be recharged using the power cord (not to be used underwater!)
This allows you to cut your beard while in the shower or to clean your clippers under water for example.
How to choose a beard trimmer that can be used under water?
Buying a waterproof trimmer is a real advantage for bearded people. To make the most of your purchase :
- Choose a powerful motor and quality blades so that it is durable and the blades do not become damaged with time and contact with water.
- Choose a model with good battery life so that you don't have any unpleasant surprises when you shave your beard in the shower. It would be silly to have to dry off, get out of the shower, plug in the clippers, wait and finish your shave.
- Prefer packages with many accessories so that the mower can meet all your expectations in terms of length, types of cuts, precision...
How to maintain your waterproof mower?
It's done: you invest in your next trimmer to cut your little beard hairs (and why not hair, and other parts of the body). Investment means profitability!
To make the most of your purchase, I advise you to maintain it well to keep its performance:
- Take care to cleaning your electric mowerThis is crucial if you don't want it to get clogged with thousands of hairs and particles. This wears out the blades and the motor unnecessarily.
- Use of oils and lubricants for beard and hair clippers to avoid unnecessary friction between the blades! This will improve the performance of your lawnmower as well as its durability over time.
Your clippers don't cut, pull out hair or don't work at all? Read this guide to find out how to repair it, or in the worst case, change it.
Care to use after your shower shave
Using good after-care products for your facial hair is something to add right away to your grooming routine if you haven't already! Shinier, healthier and stronger hair, less irritation... The benefits of after-shave products are great for your skin and beard.
Here are some of them to use after trimming your hair:
- Oils and after shave oils for the beard a real elixir for your hair
- Balmsperfect for a little care before starting the day
- Waxes and/or Gels: to style and moisturize your hair at the same time
- Gel aftershave or foam to comfort
- Serums, lotionssprays, creams: to soothe
Thanks to these treatments, your beard will be beautified, shiny and especially stronger!
Alternatives for shaving underwater
Why is it a good idea to only shave with the clippers? The reason is simple: it does not allow (for most models) to have a perfect cut.
With a cabbage cutter (old-fashioned razor) or a shavette, you can define your contours with precision. No more imperfect finishes: this time, you're playing in the big league.
Here are some alternatives (or complementary products) to the electric mower:
- Manual trimmer
- Scissors for beard and mustache trimming
- Cabbage cutter
This means a slightly higher budget, but at least you'll be equipped to the teeth! Discover our complete guide on the beard trimmer, cabbage cutter, shavette and razor to learn more about their strengths and weaknesses.
Buying an underwater mower: useful and not necessarily expensive!
Whether you're looking for versatility (beard, hair, nose, ears and even full body) or just a trimmer for your facial hair, there are plenty of waterproof trimmers to choose from.
However, choosing the right waterproof trimmer for your beard can be complicated. So now you know the criteria before making your purchase and especially the best products available on the market.
From now on, you can shave in the shower and even wash your electric clippers under water like any other object.
And you, do you have a favorite model?
Frequently asked questions
It depends on the model and brand of your mower! Pay attention to the pictograms on the packaging and consult your user manual or search the Internet to make sure you can run it under water.
Trimming your beard in the shower has several advantages:
- The heat opens your pores and makes your hair softer and easier to shave
- You can clean your mower in the shower at the same time
- You don't get hair all over the bathroom
Logically, you should use your clippers AFTER showering since it relaxes your skin and makes your hair easier to trim.
Trimming your beard in the shower is no different than a regular shave. Just like outside the shower, you can trim and style your beard easily.
Although they are available in most supermarkets and hairdressing stores, I advise you to buy them on the web. Indeed, the choice is larger, the consumer reviews are numerous and the deliveries are relatively fast.
Discover the mowers for sale on our store !
The benefits of buying a waterproof beard trimmer are:
- Time saving: Being able to wash and shave in the shower at the same time saves time. In addition, you can take advantage of the opportunity to clean your clippers underwater.
- Improved shaving: Generally, underwater trimmers have a powerful motor and shaving with a wet beard can make shaving easier.
- Wired or wireless use: During your shower, you can use the clippers cordless, on battery, while you can plug them into the mains when you shave dry.
Yes, the OneBlade is waterproof and can be used on dry skin, wet skin or even with shaving gel or foam. Its handle is waterproof, so you can also use it in the shower. Remember to close the charging port cover to avoid getting the electronic part wet.