Bearded people suffering from alopecia are looking for an effective treatment that would allow them to fight against the loss of their beard hair and would also allow regrowth.
Today, there are many alternatives, more or less effective, and depending on the type of beard. Among these different solutions, there is Trioxidil, a treatment that can replace the very controversial Minoxidil for beard growth.
In this article, we will discover what exactly Trioxidil is, its targeted actions on hair, its differences with Minoxidil, how to use it, where to buy it. Of course, we will also look at the more natural alternatives you can use before using Trioxidil.
My opinion on Trioxidil
It is true that this "product" is recent, but its more natural aspect, more respectful of the scalp's physiognomy and without side effects compared to Minoxidil, tips the scales in its favor.
No products found
What is Trioxidil?
Trioxidil is a new generation triple action complex designed by Foligain to nourish your hair at the root and prevent or stop hair loss : effective for people suffering from alopecia or incipient baldness.
It is also used by men to fight against patchy beards and obtain a fuller beard by increasing growth. This complex is composed of bioactive stimulants that strengthen the hair follicles and hydrate them in depth while providing them with the nutrients necessary for proper regeneration.
How does it work?
- It allows to target and block the action of the DHT (Dihydrotestosterone), the male hormone responsible for hair loss.
- This active ingredient provides essential nutrients to the hair follicles, including essential proteins. This will reactivate the hair growth cycle and the hair will grow back thicker and more resistant.
- It also helps to rebalance the scalp by improving the irrigation of blood vessels and the oxygenation of cells. In short, it ensures better hydration of the scalp by preventing the loss of water. In other words, it "seals in" the water to maintain an optimal level of humidity within the scalp.
Last but not least Trioxidil does not cause any side effects. Finally, this active ingredient is interesting because it does not attack the scalp. In comparison, some active ingredients are too aggressive and end up irritating and sensitizing the scalp.
Often purchased with Trioxidil
- Strengthens and protects the hair
- Gives a more vigorous and powerful look to your beard
- Nourishes and moisturizes in depth
- Gives a bright and shiny appearance
- Comforts the skin under the hair
In short, I highly recommend it if you want to increase the growth of your beard and mustache hair!
What are the differences between Minoxidil and Trioxidil?
Minoxidil and Trioxidil are two well-known topicals designed to fight alopecia and incipient baldness. Thanks to their active ingredients that work directly on the hair follicles, they stop hair loss and promote new, denser and healthier growth.
If the composition and origin of these two products are different, their purpose remains the same with the objective of restoring a luxuriant, dense hair or beard.
As we have already seen in the article on Minoxidil, we know that it is effective in the fight against alopecia and to grow hair.
But on the other hand, we also know that it has several side effects on the long or short term and that it is not a natural product.
Trixoxidil is considered one of the most advanced treatments for severe hair loss. It is known for being non-invasive, respecting the integrity and physiological balance of the scalp, but above all, it offers spectacular results.
It has received positive feedback from thousands of users. Unlike its "big brother", Minoxidil, its components are known and recognized by the scientific community for their effectiveness and safety. The integration in its formula of latest generation ingredients, designed, developed and tested by world-class researchers using state-of-the-art technologies, is a real plus.
It also acts in a more global manner by addressing the entire pathology, whether it be at the metabolic, nutritional or hydrating level. Trioxidil treats alopecia through a new approach that gradually restores the functions of the hair follicles until they reach the optimal stage that promotes healthy and natural regrowth.
How to use Trioxidil on the beard?
To use Trioxidil spray:
- Clean and dry your beard carefully
- Spray it 4 times in your hand and use it twice a day on the targeted area (where you have holes, or your beard is thin)
- Massage the topical with your fingertips for a few minutes on the area until the product is well absorbed
- Wash your hands well with soap and water
Think about it: Trioxidil can be used to accompany the « Beard Roller » because it improves the effects of the growth!
Before and after: the effects of Trioxidil on the beard
I have found a few videos to show you the effects of Trioxidil on people who have used it.
Trioxidil after two weeks of use:
Trioxidil after one month of use:
Do grow a beard naturally
Where to buy Trioxidil?
- On the web: You can get Trioxidil in pharmacies or on the Internet (Amazon, Cdiscount ...). Otherwise, you can find it on specialized sites or online pharmacies, which offer the purchase by credit card directly.
- In pharmacies: Since Trioxidil is a drug, it makes sense that you can get it from a pharmacy. You will of course find it at the Foligain brand, which simply created it. Not all pharmacies carry it.
Alternatives to Trioxidil
Before anything else, test more natural products, treatments and techniques such as :
- beard oils that improve hair growth as that castor oil, mustard, black seed
- beard balm
- of accessories like the dermaroller or boar bristle brushes to exfoliate the skin.
- if nothing works, you can make a beard hair transplant
Tip: Add castor oil with Minoxidil for better results!
Questions related to Trioxidil
If you still have questions about the use of Trioxidil on your beard or its effects, it's here!
It should be applied twice a day. You can choose to apply it in the morning and in the evening.
Important: it must be used daily to get results.
No prescription is required to purchase Trioxidil. It is not recommended for pregnant or nursing women.
No products found
Conclusion on Trioxidil for beards with baldness or holes
If your beard grows slowly or if you suffer from beard baldness, trioxidil can help.
Its effectiveness is proven according to the type of beard, but I still advise to use more natural products and accessories first. And if no improvement is visible, you can opt for Trioxidil applied to your beard hair!