Do you have any problems with the hair in your beard growing in all directions ? You're not alone! Many men find that their beard hair grows out of control. This makes the beard look messy and unkempt.
You probably prefer to have a nice smooth beard or a real viking beard rather than shaggy hair or a curling beard.
Like most men, you prefer a full, healthy beard. Without hair that makes swirls or frizzes. You ask yourself this question in front of your mirror, "How do I get my beard hair in the right direction?"
We will address Causes of this problem of hair growing horizontally or in a swirl and how to change the direction of your hair or avoid a beard that forks and rebicts.
What defines the direction of the beard hair?
There are several things that can affect the direction of your beard hair growth. First, let's look at the structure of your hair follicle:
Each hair follicle is curved, and this curve defines the direction in which your hair will grow:
- If your hair follicle is curved inward, your hair will grow downward
- If it is curved outward, your beard or mustache hair will grow upward
It is thus necessary to pay attention to the direction of growth, because if a hair pushes in the wrong direction, this can lead to an infection that can result in an abscess, a boil, or a an ingrown hair as Sylvère explains on her blog in her article on the risks of skin infection, the beard hair is not the only one to be affected.
Pay attention to your diet
Your diet can affect the direction of your beard hair. If you don't get enough vitamins and minerals, your hair may grow in all directions.
In particular, a lack of zinc can cause this problem. Zinc helps your body produce keratin, which is a protein that gives your hair its structure.
Without enough zinc, your hair may be weak and brittle, and they will be more likely to grow in all directions.
Avoid stress and sleep well
Finally, Stress can also cause your beard to grow in all directions. When you are stressed, your body produces the hormone cortisol. This hormone can weaken your hair follicles, this increases the likelihood that your hair will rebel and grow in all directions.
Now that you know some reasons why your beard hair can grow in all directions, let's take a look at tips to make your hair grow straight and not up or horizontal.
Solutions to keep your beard from growing out of control
You'll need to determine exactly what kind of mess your beard is in, because every problem has a specific solution.
- If you have a few stray hairs sticking out in all directionsThe best solution is simply to cut them. To do this, you can use a beard trimmer or scissors. Just make sure you don't over-trim them: you don't want an uneven beard!
- If the problem comes from curling hairIf you are not satisfied with the way your hair looks, the effect on the skin of your face may be uncomfortable. In this case, you need to act quickly by using a product that will smooth your hair without damaging it. Look for a product that contains natural ingredients, such as argan oil or jojoba oil. These oils will moisturize your hair and help it stay healthy.
- Finally, if your beard hair grows horizontally (sideways), the best solution is to let it grow. In most cases, horizontal beard hair will eventually grow in the right direction.
To speed up the process, you can use a comb to train your hair to grow in the right direction. Just be sure to comb gently so as not to damage your hair!
Trim your beard more often
If you want your beard to stay neat and follow the contour of your face without causing swirls or spirals, you need to prune more often.
- It may sound complicated, but it's actually quite simple: just use a beard trimmer or scissors to cut the hair that grows in all directions.
- The razor is also useful for removing hair that grows out of control
- If you have sensitive skin: it is best to avoid using a razor. Instead, use a beard trimmer or scissors.
Brush and comb it regularly
One of the best ways to prevent your beard from growing out of control is to brush and comb it regularly. This will cause your hair to grow in the direction you want.
Be sure to use a brush or comb designed for beards. They are usually made of boar hair.
Use styling wax or gelThere are many products on the market that can help you tame your beard. If you have a shaggy beard, the use of a styling wax can help control and tame hair. Waxes and gels contain ingredients that help to keep the hairs in placewhich is ideal for your beard that does what it wants. Look for a product that contains natural ingredients, such as coconut oil or castor oil. These oils will moisturize your hair, help it stay healthy and especially help to correct the direction of hair growth and avoid swirls.
Smoothing your hair with a beard straightener
If you want to achieve a neat and tidy look, the best way to do it is to use a beard straightener. This accessory can help you easily achieve the look you want.
Sophisticated, easy to use and inexpensive, this is the perfect tool for bearded men who want a smooth beard in any situation.
Just run the straightener through your beard and you're done! Be careful not to burn your hair or your face.
Tip: you can also blow-dry your beard with a mini hairdryer
Maintain your hair with good care
One of the best ways to keep your beard from growing out of control is to take care of it. That means using the right products, like an avocado-based balm or beard oils.
The beard balm is often composed of natural ingredients such as avocado oil, which can help condition and nourish, but also tame wild and unruly beard hair.
Conclusion to have hair that grows the way it should
No more problems with beard hair going in all directions! Here are the tips discussed in this article:
- Trim your beard more often
- Paint and/or brush it regularly
- Using a beard straightener
- Maintain it with quality care and products
This will help your hair to grow in the right direction and avoid having a beard that grows in a spiral or swirl. It will also help if your hairs get bent or split.
Frequently asked questions
There are various reasons why your hair spirals. It can be due to the way your hair grows (genetics) or because you don't trim and maintain your beard properly.
Often the phenomenon of hair growing upwards is a sign that it is high time to comb your beard and especially to maintain it more diligently.
This is usually due to genetics or the fact that you are not do not trim your beard often enough. If you want to change the direction of hair growth, you can use a styling product, such as a wax or gel.
Split ends or split ends are often synonymous with a damaged beard or one that has been damaged by dryness or harsh working conditions, for example. Remember to moisturize and nourish your hair with oils and balms to protect it as much as possible.
There are several solutions: trim or cut the missing hair, use a styling wax or tame it naturally with beard oil and a comb or brush.