Today I come to you with a rather interesting question: how fast does the beard grow in humans? How long does it take to grow properly ?
Whether you're a mathematician or just curious to know more about your body, you've come to the right place. We will determine the speed of your beard growth, but also factors that affect your hair growth.
How fast does a beard grow?
According to de numerous studies, the beard grows from 0.3mm to 0.5mm per day. Of course, this is only an average: from one man to another, the figures vary slightly.
Here are the levels for know how fast a beard grows :
- Per week: 2.8 mm (0.28 cm), not even 1 cm!
- Per month : 1.2 cm
- 3 months: 3.6 cm
- 6 months: 7.2 cm
- Per year: 14.4 cm
Beard size according to growth time
Questions about the speed of beard growth...
To have a beard, you will only need a few days. To have a beard that starts to be visible, you will need at least two weeks. Fromone month of growthyou will have a real, full beard.
After two months, no more questioning: you have a beard !
Having a beard is a big word!
Beards grow between the ages of 12 and 16 for most men. This makes sense because it's right when puberty starts and as you know, puberty makes your hormones work and your hair grows.
In general, at 14 years old or at 15 years oldyou won't have a real beard. It will be more like down or small hairs that grow a little on all sides.
Between 15 and 17 years oldYou'll see a real improvement in your beard growth and you'll be able to show off to your friends 😉
It is considered that the beard takes between 2 to 4 months to grow fully. Of course, it all depends on how you define full beard growth or a "good big beard.
Better understand how beards grow
Beard hair, like scalp hair, grows in stages. So that you can better understand how to maximize the potential of your beard, I'll explain this in a little more detail!
A "full" beard can take 2 to 4 months to growThis is because facial hair grows 0.3 to 0.5 millimeters (mm) every 24 hours.
Many factors can affect the growth of your beard, but there are tips and tricks to improve your beard growth.
First, let's look at the stages of growing your beard...
The stages of beard growth
If you don't shave and let your beard grow, it's good to know that facial hair grows in stages.
Hair may grow faster and fuller in some areasespecially in the beginning. Be patient, as this is a normal growth process for most men.
- After the first week, you have a good estimate of how fast or slow your beard will grow.
- This stage takes about 2 weeks. During this time, you will notice if you will have holes and areas where the beard is sparse.
- This step also takes 2 weeks. After these two weeks, your beard should have grown well. You should have a full beard that is well defined. If you don't have a good beard after a little over a month of growth, then you may not be able to grow a full beard.
- At this point, you are about two months into your growth. If you see that your beard has grown well, you can start going to your favorite Barbershop ! This will allow you to trim it and adopt the beard style that you want. This will help you will avoid having hairs that go in all directions ! Well, we will not hide that in two months, you may not be able to do all the looks like the Viking stylebut you already have a good choice.
- After these two months, you'll notice that the speed at which your beard grows will start to slow down. It's up to you to decide if you want to keep it that way or continue to grow and maintain it like a pro!
What changes the speed of your beard growth?
Various factors can change the speed of your beard growth by accelerating or reducing it.
For example, among the most important factors is your :
- Beard care
- Genetic heritage
- Global health
- Power supply
- Stress rate
- Testosterone and DHT levels
These are just a few criteria that can change the rate at which your beard hair grows.
Beards are like anything else. If you don't take care of it, you won't have a good one. It makes sense: women take good care of their hair and skin to keep them shiny and beautiful.
To maintain your beard:
- Use of beard oils as castor oil. If your goal is to grow your beard faster, read this article on oils that improve beard growth.
- Brush and comb it frequently with a boar bristle brush and a beard comb
- Apply beard balm
- Wash it often to keep it healthy and free of germs
The genetic heritage
As with many things, genetics come into play and play a fairly important role. If the men in your family are beardless or nearly so, you are unlikely to have a big, full beard.
This is not an absolute truth but it is a factor to consider. Check with your male relatives to find out what's going on!
The skin is the base of your hair. It is what serves as the "support" for your hair. The hair follicles (hair roots) are just underneath and will "pierce" your skin to make the famous beard hairs come out.
Healthy, moisturized and nourished skin is more likely to grow beautiful, shiny and strong hair. This may sound logical, but I think it's important to point out: I see far too many men who don't take care of their skin.
Your health and that of your body
Needless to say, good health and a healthy lifestyle will improve your beard growth... If?
A healthy body will more easily nourish your skin, your hair and it will be easier for you to grow.
For example, playing sports and being physically active greatly improves your physical (and mental, by the way) state.
Testosterone and DHT levels
Quite known by the bearded ones who wish to have longer and stronger hairs, the testosterone and the DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) level play an important role in the growth of your beard.
These are the ones that will regulate the growth of your hair, by acting at the heart of your hormones.
Conclusion on beard growth and its speed
Now that you know how fast your beard grows (between 0.3 mm and 0.5 mm per day), it's easier to estimate how long it will take you to get a good big beard.
You will be able to braid your beard, y make dreadlocks, add beads and rings to your hair ... The choice is great and the only thing that will block you is your imagination (and fashion if you want :D)
Later, you can have fun styling your white beard and get a new look to be stylish!
Anyway, the main thing to know is that you have to take care of your beard, your hair and your body. It is essential if you want to have beautiful, healthy and shiny hair!