The 5 cm (50 mm) beard is like a challenge for the bearded ones and pogonophiles.
Now that you have tamed your beard for about 4 months (4.8 cm on average)It's time to take it to the next level! Or not: after all, it's your choice. After all, a beard is the personal touch you can add to your look...
Here we go: let's see what a 5 cm beard is, how to wear it with style and maintain it like a pro!
What is a 5 cm (50 mm) beard?
The 5 cm (50 mm) beard is a beard whose length reaches precisely 5 centimeters or 50 millimeters. It represents an intermediate stage between an average beard and a longer beard.
The famous 5 cm beard offers a neat and modern look while maintaining a certain density. This beard length is particularly appreciated for its versatility and suitable for many facial styles.
So, ready to tame this length and discover all the secrets to sublimate it?
What does a two-inch beard look like?
Here are some of the key features that distinguish it from other beard lengths :
- Density: A 5 cm (50 mm) beard is long enough to offer appreciable density. It highlights the contours of the face.
- Versatility: It allows you to play with different styles and looksIt can be easily adapted to various situations and outfits.
- Interview: It requires regular maintenance, but is easier to manage than a longer beard.
How to trim a 50 mm beard?
To effectively trim your beard for a neat and harmonious result, follow these steps:
Start by washing your hair with a beard shampoo, then dry it with a hair dryer or with a towel. Brush your beard to remove knots and stretch your hair! Trimming will be that much easier.
Choice: clippers or scissors?
Warning: I strongly advise you to start with high hoof heights in order not to make any holes in your beard !
Unfortunately, mowers do not usually offer a shoe size larger than 4 cm. The best on the market is the Remington MB4048 with 35 mm ! I therefore advise you to opt for beard scissors that may be more suited to your needs and beard style.
Now it's time to trim your beard evenly to the desired length.
If you want a uniform beard, start by trimming in the direction of hair growth. In a nutshell, pass the mower on the entire surface of the beard while being careful not to cut too short!
If you want to try a particular style, you'll have to focus and work on your beard! Don't feel like it? I suggest you to go to your barber !
Here are some styles you could try with your 50mm beard:
If you wish, you can even try to make beard braids !
Remove the mower deck and define the contours of your beard. Create a clean line on the cheeks from the top of the ears to the corner of the mouth. For the neck, draw a horizontal line under your jaw, about two fingers above your Adam's apple.
For ease of use, get a precision mower : it is completely adapted to the contours.
Examine your beard for stubborn hairs or uneven areas. Use beard scissors to level out the hairs and give a neat finish.
Hydration of the hairs
After trimming your beard, it's time to pamper it! Apply a balm or a beard oil to moisturize and soften the hair, gently massaging the product over the entire surface.
To maintain this length, repeat these steps regularly, depending on the speed of growth of your beard. Don't forget to continue taking care of your beard by washing, moisturizing and brushing it daily!
Tip: The 5 cm beard is a good style for men with shaved heads !
Progression of beard growth by 50 mm
The progression of the growth of a beard of 5 cm depends on several factors, including genetics, age, health and maintenance of the beard.
Here's an overview of the steps to achieve that beard length:
- Step one: The initial growth phase usually lasts between 14 days and 4 weeks. At this stage, your beard is still short and can appear sparse. Continue to let your beard grow without trimming it.
- Step two: Between the 4th and 8th week (2 months)As you begin to grow, your beard will begin to gain density and length. You can start to trim the edges for a cleaner look, but avoid trimming the length of the beard.
- Step Three: From the 8th to the 12th week (3 months)At this stage, your beard reaches a length of 3 to 4 cm. At this stage, it is important to take care of your beard by washing, moisturizing and brushing it regularly.
- Step four: Finally, between the 12th and 16th week (4 months)your beard should finally reach the length of 5 cm (50 mm)!
Important: The speed of beard growth varies from person to person! For some people, beards may grow faster, while for others, it may take longer. The key is to remain patient and care for your hair as it grows.
Maintenance of this beard
It is important to maintain your beard regularly, if not daily, to maintain this type of beard:
- Wash your beard with a specific shampoo for beards 2 to 3 times a week, followed by a conditioner to facilitate detangling and retain moisture.
- Moisturize and nourish your hair with beard oil to avoid itchings, the irritations and the drought.
- Apply a beard balm for discipline unruly hair, control frizz and maintain the shape of your beard.
- Detangle and style your daily routine with a wide tooth comb or a beard brush to avoid knots and stimulate blood circulation.
- Prune and level regularly to maintain a neat appearance and encourage uniform growth.
Useful accessories for this beard length
- Beard trimmer : Ideal for trimming and leveling your beard precisely and evenly. Use a shoe adapted to the desired length of 5 cm (50 mm).
- Razor: Use it to define beard contours and for a close shave on cheeks and neck for a clean, neat look.
- Hairdressing scissors : Perfect for trimming stubborn hairs and adjusting the length of individual hairs for better control.
- Wide tooth comb: Use a wide-tooth comb to detangle and style your beard while distributing the natural oils and products applied.
- Brush: Perfect for detangling and making your hair beautiful!
Tips for a beautiful 5 cm beard
To achieve a great 5 cm (50 mm) beard, follow these essential tips:
- Patience: Let it grow to the desired length, without trimming it too often.
- Size: Prune regularly to maintain its length and shape.
- Care : Use special beard products such as the oilsthe balms or wax !
- Washing: Wash with a specific beard shampoo to gently clean and preserve its natural shine.
- Brushing: Brush daily with a boar bristle brush to distribute natural oils and detangle knots.
- Contour : Maintain the edges with precision for a clean, elegant finish.
- Power supply: Adopt a healthy and balanced diet to promote growth your beard and improve its texture.
How to grow a beard quickly to 5 cm?
To speed up the growth of your beard and quickly reach the length of 5 cm, follow these tips:
- Power supply: Eat foods rich in vitamins, minerals and protein to promote hair growth.
- Hydration: Drink enough water to keep your skin and hair well hydrated.
- Exercise: Get regular physical activity to increase blood circulation and thus stimulate growth.
- Sleep: Make sure you get enough sleep to allow your body to recover and promote growth.
- Stress: Reduce stress as much as possible, as it can have a negative impact on your beard growth.
Accessories to make your beard grow faster
- Dermaroller : Use a dermaroller to stimulate blood circulation and collagen production.
- Oils to boost growth : Try castor oil, mustard oil or even jojoba oil.
- Food supplements : Take specific dietary supplements for hair growth, such as biotin.
- Massages : Massage your face regularly to stimulate blood circulation.
Common problems with this beard and their solutions
Itching and irritation
Use a beard oil to moisturize the skin and hair, reducing itching. Exfoliate the skin under the beard regularly with a gentle scrub.
Stubborn and frizzy hair
Brush your beard daily with a boar bristle brush to discipline the hair and stimulate blood flow. Use a beard balm to control frizz and maintain the shape of your beard.
Dry and brittle
Apply beard oil regularly to nourish and moisturize the hair. Use a beard-specific shampoo and conditioner to keep hair moisturized and soft.
Uneven growth and holes
Trim your beard regularly to even out its length and encourage even growth. Be patient, as some areas may take longer to grow than others.
Knots and tangles
Use a wide-tooth comb or boar-bristle brush to detangle your 5cm (50mm) beard daily. Apply conditioner to help detangle and prevent tangles.
Care for this length of beard
Cleaning: For a 3-inch beard, it's important to clean and moisturize it regularly. Use a specific beard shampoo 2 to 3 times a week, followed by a beard conditioner to maintain moisture and facilitate detangling.
Hydration: Beard oil nourishes the hair and skin underneath, making the beard softer and more manageable. Apply a few drops of oil to your dry, clean beard, massaging gently to distribute the product evenly and reach the skin underneath.
Maintenance: The beard balm helps control frizz and maintain the shape of your two-inch beard. It also provides extra moisture. Apply a small amount and work it into your hands before applying it to your beard.
Conclusion on a unique beard style
A well-groomed two-inch beard is elegant and impressive! Adopt a grooming routine that's appropriate for this length by regularly cleansing, moisturizing and nourishing your beard. Don't forget to trim and style it to maintain a neat appearance and even growth...
If you enjoyed this article, stay tuned for the next topic in our series "Evolution of the beard", where we'll explore the challenges and maintenance tips for even longer beards. Don't miss our tips on how to master the art of beard care. 6 months beards, of 10 cm and evenone year of growth (14.4 cm!)
Why trim a 5 cm beard?
Trimming a 50mm beard gives a distinctive, manly look, while providing a neat, well-defined appearance. This length also makes it easier to control stubborn hairs and manage growth, ensuring a healthy, attractive beard.