After having passed the stage of the 1 month beard where the hairs start to structure themselves and then the 2 months oneThe 3 month beard is a real milestone in the growth of your goatee.
Your turn to voluminous and full beard. It should start to cover the less filled areasbecome thicker and denser.... Only good things on the radar of the bearded ones!
In this article, we will see what is the 3 months beard, its length and how to master it for a neat and stylish look? Growth, maintenance, care, accessories: we take a look at this important step in the evolution of your beard.
What is a 3 month beard?
A 3 month beard is one that has been grown for approximately three months without being shaved or trimmed in any significant way.
During this period, the beard hair reaches a length and density that allows it to give a fuller, more structured appearance. The 3 month beard is often considered a milestone in the growth of a beard.
Indeed, it represents a perfect balance between style and maintenanceoffering a virile and assertive look.
What does a 3-month-old beard look like?
A 3-month-old beard has several distinguishing characteristics, including:
- Length: The beard hair has grown to about 3 to 4.5 centimeters in length, creating a voluminous effect and a dense appearance.
- Density: Denser than shorter beards, the 90-day beard provides better facial coverage and may hide some skin imperfections, or another receding chin.
- Style: This type of beard offers a manly and assertive appearance, without going overboard with a long, bushy beard.
- Interview: Although it requires some maintenance to keep it clean and trim, this beard is easier to manage than longer beards.
Length and density of a three-month-old beard
The length of a three months beard is generally between 3 and 4,5 cmaccording to the speed of growth and genetics of the individual.
The density of the beard at this stage is generally higher, providing a more more thick and provided. However, the density can vary depending on the distribution of hair follicles on the face.
Good to know: A three-month beard is often considered the "beginning" of a full beard.
How to trim a 3 month old beard?
To trim and maintain your 3-month-old beard, follow these detailed steps:
- Preparation: Wash your hair and dry your beard.
Then brush and/or comb your beard to detangle the hairs and arrange them in their natural position.
- Choice of tools: Select the appropriate cutting tools, such asa beard trimmer, scissors and a razor. Also equip yourself with a mirror and a fine tooth comb to facilitate the work.
- Adjusting the mower : Adjust the beard trimmer on the desired length, generally between 3 and 4.5 cm for a 3 months beard.
Caution: It is better to start with a longer length than the one you want to cut to avoid cutting too many hairs during the first pass.
- Hair trimming: Trim the entire beard using the beard trimmer. Be sure to cover all areas, including cheeks, the jaw, the chin and the neck. Check for uniformity of cut and adjust the length of the mower if necessary.
- Trimming stubborn hair: Use scissors to cut stubborn hair or those that stick out from the beard after using the clippers. Comb your beard during this step to make sure you don't miss any hairs.
- Definition of the contours : Use a razor for define the contours of the beardShave any hair that protrudes from defined lines for a clean, neat look. Shave any hair that extends beyond the defined lines for a clean, neat look.
- Cleaning and moisturizing: Rinse your face to remove the cut hair and apply a balm or a beard oil to nourish and moisturize the hair and the skin underneath.
I recommend trimming your 3-month-old beard regularly to maintain a neat, well-defined look.
12 week beard growth progress
Here is a general overview of how beard growth changes over the weeks:
- Week 1 à week 2 : Facial hair begins to grow unevenly and the beard has a slightly bushy appearance. Hair length is usually less than 0.5 cm.
- Week 3 à week 4 (1 month) : The beard increases in density and length, reaching about 0.5 to 1 cm-1.2 cm. The hair is thicker and the contours of the beard are beginning to take shape.
- Week 5 to week 8: The beard continues to grow and the hair reaches a length of about 1.5 to 2.5 cm. At this stage, it is important to start maintaining the beard by brushing and moisturizing regularly to promote healthy growth.
- Week 9 to week 12 (3 months): The beard has reached a length of about 3 to 4.5 cm, characteristic of the 3-month-old beard. The hair is fuller and the beard covers most of the face, giving a more assertive and manly appearance.
Note that some people can reach the 3-month beard length faster, while others may take a little longer. It mainly depends on genetics!
Maintenance of the 3 month beard
For maintain and care for your beard of 3 months :
- Wash your beard regularly with a soft shampoo for beards.
- Apply an oil or a beard balm to nourish and moisturize the hair and skin.
- Brush and paint your beard daily for to discipline the hairs and avoid knots.
- Avoid constant touching and pulling on your beard, as this can cause irritation and broken hairs.
- Trim your beard regularly to maintain its shape and appearance.
Essential accessories to maintain your 3 month old beard
- Beard trimmer : Use a beard trimmer to even out the length of the hairs and maintain the shape of your beard.
- Razor: A razor is useful for define the contours of your beardThis is especially true for the cheeks and neck, for a clean, well-groomed look.
- Scissors : Use scissors to trim stubborn hairs or to make precise adjustments to the shape of your beard.
- Comb : Use a fine tooth comb for untangle hair and arrange them in their natural position before and after pruning.
- Beard brush : Try the beard brushIt is ideal for disciplining the hair and orient them in a uniform direction. It also helps to distribute the oils and balms along the length of the beard.
Tips for a beautiful beard at 3 months of growth
To achieve an attractive, well-groomed 3-month beard, follow these tips:
- Patience: Allow your beard to grow without shaving or trimming it significantly for about three months to reach the desired length and density.
- Interview: Brush and comb your beard regularly to avoid knots and promote uniform hair growth.
- Hygiene: Wash your beard with a mild shampoo specially designed for beards to keep it clean and prevent skin irritation.
- Hydration: Use a beard balm or oil to nourish and moisturize the hair and skin underneath, which avoids itching and fights dandruff.
- Trimming: Once your beard has reached 3 months in length, trim it regularly to maintain a harmonious shape and remove stubborn hair.
- Outline: Define the contours of your beard by carefully shaving the areas that protrude, especially on the cheeks and neck.
How to grow it?
For stimulate the growth of your beard of 3 months, follow these tips:
- Power supply: Adopt a balanced dietrich in proteins, vitamins and minerals, to promote hair growth.
- Hydration: Drink enough water to maintain good hydration, which is essential for the health of your skin and beard.
- Exercise: Get regular physical activity to stimulate blood circulation and promote beard growth.
- Sleep: Get enough sleep and maintain a regular sleep pattern to optimize cell regeneration and hair growth.
- Stress: Reduce your stress level, as excessive stress can slow beard growth and cause hair loss.
Accessories and care to accelerate the growth of your beard
- Dermaroller : Use a dermaroller on the beard area to stimulate blood flow and promote hair growth.
- Oils : Apply essential oils such as castor oil or jojoba oil, which are known to stimulate hair growth.
- Food supplements : Take dietary supplements containing biotinIt also contains vitamin B, zinc and other nutrients that are beneficial for hair growth.
- Massage: Massage your face regularly to stimulate blood circulation and promote healthy beard growth.
Common problems with 90-day beards
As you can imagine, a 3-month-old beard (and a 3cm to 4.5cm beard) can cause some hair concerns. Fortunately, we have solutions for your little problems:
- Itching : Itching can occur as the beard grows and the hair coils, irritating the skin.
Solution: Use an oil or a beard balm to moisturize the skin and hair, and Brush your beard regularly to avoid ingrown hairs.
- Dandruff : The beard dandruff, also known as "beard-draff".are caused by the dryness of the skin under the hair.
Solution: Wash your beard less often and use a gentle shampoo specially designed for beards. Apply a beard oil or balm to moisturize.
- Rebellious hair: Some hairs can push in different directionsgiving your beard looks messy.
Solution: Brush and comb your beard regularly to tidy up the hair, and trim stubborn hairs with scissors.
- Thinning beard: A 3 month old beard can appear sparse if hair growth is uneven.
Solution: Be patient and let your beard grow or consider consult a hairdressing professional for tips on how to trim and style your beard to hide sparse areas.
- Irregular contour: The contours of the beard can become irregular as hair grows, giving a neglected appearance.
Solution: Trim the edges of your beard regularly with a razor to keep the lines clean and defined.
By caring for your beard with the right products and regular maintenance, you can minimize these problems and enjoy an attractive, well-groomed beard.
3 month beard care
To keep your 3-month-old beard healthy and well-groomed, it is essential to use the right care products. As with the hair, the beard needs to be cared for!
Here are some specific treatments and their usefulness for this length of beard:
- Beard Shampoo : A shampoo specially designed for beards gently cleanses hair and skin without drying them out. It helps remove impurities and product residue, while preserving the beard's natural oils.
- Beard oil: Beard oil nourishes, moisturizes and softens the hair, while soothing and moisturizing the skin underneath. It also helps reduce the itching and irritation often associated with beard growth.
- Beard balm: The beard balm acts as a moisturizer and conditioner, while providing light style control. It helps tame flyaways, reduce frizz and keep your 3-month-old beard in shape.
- Beard Conditioner: A beard conditioner allows you to untangle, soften and moisturize the hair, making it easier to style and brush.
- Facial scrub: A facial scrub removes dead skin cells and ingrown hairs, reducing irritation and inflammation.
By incorporating these specific treatments into your beard care routine, you'll promote healthy hair growth and improve the overall appearance of your 3-month-old beard.
The 3-month beard: a crucial milestone in the growth of your facial hair
The 3-month beard represents an important milestone in the evolution of beard growth. With increased length and density compared to previous stages, it requires special care and attention to maintain its appearance and health.
By following the right care, trimming and maintenance tips, you can proudly display a well-groomed and attractive 3-month-old beard.
Remember that patience and perseverance are essential to cultivate and maintain a 3-month-old beard.
Invest in the right tools and products, and don't hesitate to consult a professional hairstylist for advice on how to style and care for your beard.
Now you're ready to take your beard growth to the next level?
Discover our next article on the 6 months beard of the series "Evolution of the beard" to explore the challenges and benefits of an even longer, denser beard.
Why trim a 3 month beard?
Trimming a 3-month beard gives a manly and neat appearance, while enhancing the facial features. In addition, it can hide skin imperfections and express the wearer's individuality and personal style.