Congratulations to my bearded friend! You have surely passed the most important milestone of theevolution of the beard : the 1 year of growth.
My first question: Are you going to stay here or continue to grow your mane? No, I'm just kidding, you have time to think about it... Let's focus on the one-year beard.
What makes the "Yeard Beard" so special? That's still 365 days of growth. The earth has had time to rotate completely on itself and your hair has never stopped growing.
So, let's get down to business: What are the secrets to maintaining and beautifying that mane? Come on, let's go, I won't make you wait any longer.
What is a 1 year old beard?
The 1-year beard, also known as "Yeard", is the result of uninterrupted beard growth for a period of one year, without cutting or shaving. Or almost, of course!
This beard length represents the culmination of a quest for patience and perseverance. Each hair has had time to develop at its own pace and reveal the unique density and texture of your beard.
What does a 1 year old beard look like?
A 1 year old beard can vary in appearance between individuals, but here are some general characteristics to give you an idea:
- Length: It usually reaches between 12 and 20 centimeters, depending on the speed of your hair growth.
- Density: The density of the beard can vary, with some people having fuller areas than others. However, a huge part of the face will be covered with hair, and the holes should not be too visible. As long as you have trimmed your beard properly!
- Texture: Every man is different, beard hair can be smooth, curly or wavy, with variations in thickness and stiffness.
- Form: The shape of the 1 year old beard depends of course on your natural growth but especially on the way you will trim your hair.
Length and density of a one year old beard
The length of a one year old beardalso known as "Yeard Beard".is generally between 12 and 20 cmThis is a function of the speed of growth and the genetics of the individual. The density of the beard at this stage can be very important, offering a very thick and robust appearance.
It should be noted that the density varies from one person to another depending on the distribution of hair follicles on the face.
How to trim a 1 year old beard?
Follow these step-by-step instructions to carefully trim your 1-year old beard:
- Preparation: Wash and dry your beard with a hair dryer. It doesn't have to be completely dry, but dry the base of the hair anyway!
- Brushing and combing: Brush and then comb your beard in the direction of growth to detangle the hairs and set them in place.
- Trim longer hairs: Use of hairdressing scissors or a long beard trimmer to even out longer hairs. Start with the cheeks and work down to the chin and neck. Take your time and work slowly to avoid cutting too much hair at once.
Tip: Go to have your beard trimmed at the barber shopyou will be satisfied!
- Define the lines: Define the lines of your beard by trimming the hair that extends beyond the cheek line and the neck line. Use a mower without shoe, a precision mower or a razor for a clear and precise result.
- Equalize density: If your beard has areas of uneven density, use scissors to gently smooth out hair by trimming split ends and reducing the length of thicker hairs.
- Refine : Re-comb your beard and check for evenness. Touch up any areas that still look uneven or messy.
- Moisturize : Apply a beard oil or a balm to moisturize, soften and condition the hair. In addition to helping it hold, it will also help prevent irritation and itching!
Progression of 1 year old beard growth
The progression of 1-year beard growth can vary from individual to individual, but here is a general overview of the process:
Emerging beard at 3 months
Ah, the beginnings! Do you remember that time with a beardless face or almost?
During the first few months, beards begin to grow unevenly. Some hairs grow faster than others, and sparse areas may appear.
At this point, it is important to resist the urge to trim or shave the beard.
3 months to 6 months
The beard starts to take shape, gaining density and length. Sparse areas may fill in and the overall texture of the beard becomes more apparent. Care and maintenance, such as washing and moisturizing, become essential.
6 months at 9 months
The beard continues to grow in size and length! At this point, it is important to continue to maintain your beard by brushing and applying beard oil. You may also want to consider trimming any split ends and giving your beard a smooth shape.
9 months to 12 months
Over the past few months, the beard reaches its optimal length and density. Care and maintenance are crucial to maintaining a healthy and attractive beard. Patience and perseverance are rewarded with a full and impressive 1 year old beard.
Important: The speed of growth of the beard varies from person to person depending on genetics, age, testosterone levels and overall health. This is even more true with a beard this long!
Maintenance of the 1 year old beard
Here is a list of tips for maintaining and caring for that famous beard:
- Hygiene: Wash your beard regularly with a specific shampoo for beards to keep it clean and odorless.
- Hydration: Apply a beard oil or a balm after washing to nourish, moisturize and soften the hair.
- Brushing: Brush your beard daily with a boar bristle brush for untangle hair and distribute the applied oils.
- Trimming: Trim your beard regularly to eliminate split ends and maintain a harmonious shape.
Indispensable accessories to maintain a 1 year old beard
- Mower: A mower with adjustable shoes is ideal for trimming and equalizing the length of the beard with precision. Otherwise, opt directly for a trimmers for large beards !
- Razor: A quality razor is essential for defining beard lines and achieving a clean, precise finish.
- Scissors: From beard scissors are needed to trim split ends, even out density and adjust the shape of the beard. Perfect for finishing touches!
- Combs: Use a fine-tooth comb to detangle hair and a wide-tooth comb to distribute oils and care products.
- Boar bristle brush: A boar bristle brush is ideal for detangling, smoothing and distributing the natural oils in the beard.
By following these tips and using the proper accessories, you can maintain and care for your 1 year old beard, keeping it healthy and well groomed.
Tips for a beautiful 1 year old beard
Here are some tips to maintain and beautify it:
- Patience: Let your beard grow uninterrupted for a year, resist the urge to cut or shave it. You can of course trim it so that it doesn't look like a unkempt beard !
- Brushing: Brush your beard daily with your brush to detangle the hair and stimulate blood circulation.
- Trimming: Trim your beard lightly to keep it clean. Prefer a beard style adapted to your face shape.
- Power supply: Adopt a balanced diet so that your beard can grow!
- Exercise: Get regular physical activity to stimulate blood circulation and testosterone production, two key factors in beard growth.
How to grow a 1 year old beard?
Here are some tips to help your 1-year-old beard grow:
- Sleep: Get enough sleep to allow your body to regenerate and promote beard growth.
- Avoiding stress: Learn to manage stress, as it can have a negative impact on your hair.
- Oils: Use of oils that help grow beards to nourish and strengthen your hair.
- Dermaroller : Use a dermaroller to stimulate blood circulation and collagen production in the beard area.
- Supplements : Consider specific beard supplements, such as biotin, that promote hair growth.
- Massages : Massage the beard area regularly to promote blood circulation and relax facial muscles.
Common problems with 1 year old beards
Here are some common problems you might encounter with a 1-year-old beard, as well as solutions to solve them:
- Beard Dandruff: Desquamations and itching can occur if the skin underneath the beard is dry. Use a mild beard shampoo and moisturize regularly with a beard oil to prevent these problems.
- Tangled hair: The long hair can get tangled and become difficult to manage! Brush your beard daily to detangle the hair. Then use the comb and finish, use a styling wax or a beard gel.
- Density losses: Some areas of the beard may appear less full than others. Even out the density by trimming thicker areas with hairdressing scissors.
- Split ends: The split ends can make your beard look unkempt. Trim the ends of the hairs regularly to remove them!
- Odor: Sometimes the beard retains unpleasant odorsespecially if it is not cleaned regularly. Wash it with a specific shampoo and dry it well to avoid the proliferation of bacteria. Use oils that sanitize your hair like argan oil, Atlas cedar oil or naturally scented such as citronella oil and orange oil.
- Uneven growth: The beard can be uneven according to the areas of the face. Be patient and let it grow continuously for a year. Then you can trim and shape your beard to give it a more uniform look!
By taking care of your 1 year old beard and following these tips, you can prevent and solve common problems to maintain a healthy and attractive beard.
1 year old beard care
Here is a list of specific care products for the 1 year old beard and their usefulness:
- Beard Shampoo: A shampoo made for the beard gently cleanses without damaging the skin or the hair. It is essential to keep the hair clean and odorless.
- Beard oil : Beard oil nourishes, moisturizes and softens the hair, while soothing the skin underneath. It prevents itching, dandruff and irritation.
- Beard Balm: Beard balm moisturizes and nourishes the hair, while providing a light hold for easy styling and shaping. It's especially useful for year-old beards, which may need extra hold due to their density and length.
- Beard Serum: The serum can strengthen and revitalize hair, making it stronger and less prone to split ends.
- Beard Conditioner: The conditioner detangles and softens the hair, making it easier to brush and style.
- Facial scrub: It helps remove dead skin cells from underneath the hair and prevents itching and beard dandruff. It is important to maintain healthy skin under the hair to avoid skin problems!
The famous 1 year beard milestone has passed... Cut or grow?
The 1 year old beard is a true symbol of patience and determination. To achieve this length of beard and to keep it well-groomed and attractive, it is essential to follow a regular grooming routine. Take a grooming routine to brush, comb and moisturize your hair: it's all they want!
Trim and shape your beard regularly to give it a harmonious appearance, and invest in quality accessories for easy care and styling.
Have you mastered the art of the 1-year beard and are ready for the next challenge? Check out the next episode of our "Evolution of the beard" series to discover other beard lengths and tips for who knows... Growing a 2 year old beard ?!
Why trim a 1 year old beard?
Trimming a one-year beard gives you a unique and distinctive style, while showing your patience and determination. It is also a great way to express your personality and enhance your facial features.