After letting your beard grow for a few days, you finally reach that milestone: the 1 week beard !
More than just a transition from a close shave to a fuller beard, this phase deserves special attention.
So what makes a week-old beard so special and how do you keep it looking good? Hold on to your hats, we'll reveal everything in this article!
What is a 1 week beard?
A 1-week beard is, as the name implies, a beard that has grown for about a week after the face has been completely shaved.
This is one of the first steps in the evolution of the beard. It represents that intermediate period when the hairs are long enough to be visible, but not yet long enough to form a full beard.
The length of the hair varies according to each individual, but in general, it is between 2 and 3 millimeters. Indeed, the beard grows at a rate of about 0.4mm per day.
The one-week beard is often associated with a manly, casual look, ideal for those who want a clean look without too much maintenance!
What does a 1 week old beard look like?
The 1-week beard has several distinctive characteristics that make it unique from other lengths:
- Hair length: The hairs are generally between 2 and 3 millimeters long, depending on the speed of growth of the beard of each individual.
- Density: The density of the beard can vary, with some men having more hair thick and tightwhile others may have a thinner beard.
- Texture: The texture of the hair is different from one individual to another, ranging from fine and flexible hair to thicker and rougher hair.
- General Appearance: The 7-day beard usually gives a casual, manly look, but still looks neat.
Length and density of a one-week-old beard
The length of a one-week beard generally varies between 2 and 3 cm.
As for density, it depends on the distribution of hair follicles on the face and can vary considerably from one individual to another. At this stage, the beard is often qualified (wrongly) as incipient beard or 3-day beardeven if it has been growing for a whole week.
How to trim a 7-day beard?
To effectively trim your 1-week-old beard, follow these detailed steps:
- Preparation: Wash your hair and dry your beard to remove dirt and make it easier for the trimmer to work. Then brush your beard to detangle the hairs and align them in a uniform direction.
- Choice of mower: Use a quality beard trimmerThis is the only way to guarantee a precise and uniform result. The cutter is equipped with a number of different cutters for different lengths of cut. Preferably choose a clippers for short beards.
- Length adjustment : Select the shoe corresponding to the desired length for your 1 week old beard (usually between 1 and 3 millimeters).
- Trimming: Start to trim your beard with the clippers starting at the cheeks and working down to the neck. Trim in the opposite direction of hair growth for an even result.
- Outline: Remove the mower deck and set the contours of your beard in the cheeks, jawline and neck. Be sure to follow the natural lines of your face for a harmonious result! You can also use a precision mower for perfect contours.
- Cleaning: Remove the remaining hair with a comb and/or a brushThen wash your face with warm water to remove any residue.
- Hydration: Apply a moisturizing cream or a beard oil to nourish the skin and hair, and avoid irritation.
- Interview: Repeat these steps regularly to maintain the desired length and appearance of your 1 week old beard.
Progression of beard growth by 1 week
As I announced earlier, the progression of 7-day beard growth can vary depending on each individual, but here's a general overview of what you can expect:
- Days 1-2: After the full shaveYou may notice a slight re-growth of hair, called "incipient beard" or "3-day beard". The hair is usually short and fine.
- Days 3-4: The hair continues to grow and can measure about 1 millimeter. The beard starts to take shape, but remains quite sparse.
- Days 5-6: The hairs reach a length of about 2 millimeters and the density of the beard increases!
- Day 7: The one-week-old beard is now clearly visible, with hairs generally measuring between 2 and 3 millimeters.
7-day beard maintenance
To effectively maintain your beard, follow these tips:
- Cleaning: Wash your beard regularly with a specific shampoo to eliminate impurities and odors.
- Hydration: Apply a moisturizing cream or a beard oil to nourish the skin and hair, and prevent irritation.
- Brushing: Brush your beard daily for untangle hair and orient them in a uniform direction.
- Trimming: Trim your beard of 1 week regularly to maintain a uniform length and appearance.
- Exfoliation: Exfoliate your face regularly to prevent ingrown hairs and promote a healthy beard growth.
Accessories to maintain it like a pro!
- Mower: A beard trimmer allows you to trim and maintain the length of your 1 week old beard with precision.
- Razor: Use a quality razor to define the contours of your beard and remove unwanted hair.
- Scissors: The beard scissors are useful for trimming stubborn hairs or for maintaining beard contours with more control and precision.
- Combs: Use a beard comb to detangle the hairs and direct them in an even direction. The comb can also be used to distribute the beard oil evenly over the entire beard.
Tips for a beautiful 1 week beard
Here are some tips to help you achieve a flawless beard:
- Exfoliate: Exfoliate your face regularly to remove dead skin cells and prevent ingrown hairswhich will allow your beard to grow more evenly.
- Moisturize : Use a moisturizer or a beard oil to feed and soften hairwhile moisturizing the underlying skin.
- Prune: Use a beard trimmer to maintain the desired length and even out the hair, paying special attention to less dense areas.
- Define the contours: Define the contours of your beardparticularly in terms of cheeks and of the neckfor a cleaner, neater look.
- Clean : Wash your beard regularly with a specific shampoo to eliminate impurities and prevent itching.
- Patience: Allow time for your beard to grow and flesh out, as density and appearance can vary with each individual and the different stages of growth.
- Power supply: Adopt a balanced dietrich in vitamins and nutrients, to promote healthy beard growth.
How to grow a 1 week beard?
To help your 1-week-old beard grow, follow these tips:
- Power supply : Eat foods rich in protein, vitamins and minerals, such as fruits, vegetables, nuts and fatty fish, to promote hair growth.
- Hydration: Drink enough water to maintain good hydration and support the health of your skin and hair.
- Exercise: Get regular physical activity to improve blood circulation, which contributes to hair growth.
- Rest: Get enough sleep to allow your body to regenerate and support the growth of your beard.
- Avoiding stress: Limit stressful situations and practice relaxation techniques to promote an environment conducive to beard growth.
Use these accessories and treatments to stimulate the growth of your beard:
- Dermaroller: Use a dermaroller to stimulate blood circulation and collagen production, which promotes hair growth.
- Oils: Apply essential oils or plants such as castor oil or jojoba oil to nourish hair and skin, while promoting growth.
- Food supplements : Take some vitamin-rich food supplements (including the Biotin), minerals and essential fatty acids to help your beard grow.
- Brushes and combs: Use of brushes and specific combs for the beard to stimulate blood circulation and distribute the oils over the entire beard.
Common problems with the 1 week old beard
Although it's short, that beard can cause some problems. Fortunately, there is a solution for every problem:
- Itching: Hair regrowth can cause itchingto see irritations. Use a beard oil or a moisturizing cream to soothe the skin.
- Ingrown hairs: The ingrown hairs can cause redness and inflammation. Exfoliate your face regularly to prevent ingrown hairs and facilitate hair growth.
- Thinning beard: Some men have a less dense beard after one week of growth. Use a beard brush to stimulate blood circulation and promote hair growth.
- Rebellious hair: The hairs of the 1 week old beard can sometimes push in different directions. Brush your beard regularly to to discipline the hairs and give them a uniform direction.
- Drought: The skin under the beard can become dry and irritated. Apply a moisturizer or beard oil to nourish and moisturize the skin.
- Odors: The beard can sometimes retain odors and impurities. Wash your beard regularly with a specific shampoo to eliminate impurities and keep your beard clean and fresh.
1 week beard care
To always keep your facial hair at its best, I advise you to adopt the right gestures:
- Cleaning: Use a gentle shampoo for beard to remove impurities and dead skin. Regular cleansing prevents the appearance of itching and dandruff.
- Hydration: Apply a beard oil to moisturize skin and hair. Moisturizing prevents irritation and helps tame stubborn hair.
- Brushing: Brush your beard with a boar bristle brush to stimulate blood circulation and distribute the natural oils. Daily brushing promotes even growth and prevents tangles!
Thus, you guarantee your 1 week old beard a harmonious growth and a aesthetic aspect optimal.
1 week beard: short and neat with minimal maintenance!
The 7-day beard requires special attention to ensure healthy growth and a neat appearance. Don't forget to clean, moisturize, brush and trim your beard regularly. By following our tips, you're opting for a impeccable appearance and a optimal growth of your beard.
Why trim a 1 week beard?
Trimming a one-week beard gives you a neat, structured look while limiting irritation and ingrown hairs.